1. Be your own hero. Stand up for yourself. Don’t rely on others to pick you up when you fall. You are valid and so are your emotions. You’re the one who went through that depression, that toxic relationship, that breakup. It’s not selfish to want to take care of yourself. You should and always see yourself as a priority. Don’t settle for less that you deserve. Don’t seek for validation from other people and most definitely, stop setting yourself on fire to keep others warm.
2. It’s okay not to follow your plans. Everyone has their own timeline and own pace in life. It’s not a race. Stop stessing over things you haven’t achieved yet, instead, focus on what needs to be done so you can achieve it. Baby steps are still progress. Take your time. Enjoy the journey.
3. The only constant thing is change. You are not your past. You are not your mistakes. You are not your wounds. It doesn’t matter who you used to be. What matters is who you decide to be today. Let yourself grow and don’t allow yourself to stay stuck in the same place. Nothing is permanent. Always remember that. Don’t be scared.
4. People come and go. Some may decide to stay and others go away, but they leave you with a lesson. They always leave you with a lesson. Sometimes the one you love the most, are the people you need to let go of. It’s never easy. It’s one of the hardest and bravest thing you will ever do. You need to learn to let things go and realize that there are better things for you out there. There are gonna be days where you will remember their name, their voice, their face….you will see things that will remind you of them. It’s going to hurt until one day it doesn’t. A day will come where you don’t even think about them anymore. You’re going to be fine.
5. Fall in love. When you’re ready, not when you’re lonely. Just because someone broke your heart doesn’t mean you should stop believing in love. Things happen for a reason. It’s gonna take a while but you will get there. Remember, you are going to lose something in order to gain something better. You will find that person and It will be worth all the pain and the wait.
Dear 2015, You were amazing. The most amazing year I ever had. I’d never thought, in a thousand years, I’d be where I’m at. It’s still a long way but I came so far. I’ve been blessed with new encounters, life long friends, realizations, self-growth & heartbreak. I’ve made peace with my demons & you’ve left me speechless. Thank you.